Want to know As you may already know, Zoho CRM API v1.0 has been marked as deprecated from December 31, 2018. However, up until recently, all APIs used in your code have still been working. From February 2020, you will need to know how to upgrade Zoho CRM API. Here’s everything you need to know.
Quickly, what is an API?
API stands for ‘Application Programming Interface’. In really simple terms, an API is the intermediary between your CRM and all of the information contained on your server (or website). CRMs and apps aren’t technically part of your other systems, so every time you perform an action on your CRM, the API sends this request to your server and delivers information back to the CRM. It happens in an instant, but it’s a crucial step in making your CRM work effectively.
Key dates for Zoho CRM API upgrade
- December 31, 2018: Version 1.0 issue fixes, API support and enhancements will no longer be taken up. The APIs in your existing code will continue to work until the sunset date below.
- February 2020: All Version 1.0 APIs will cease to work completely. This means any codes written using the old API will no longer be operational, and it’s time to upgrade.
Why upgrade to Version 2.0?
Well, firstly, if you want your CRM and apps to continue working past February 2020, upgrading is essential. However, there’s plenty of good reasons for the upgrade to v2.0, and here’s just a few of them:
1. Increase in the daily limits of API calls (up to 2,000,000 credits)
2. Multi DC support
3. Adherence to REST standards
4. Easy JSON parsing
5. New API dashboard for better usage analytics
6. Introduction of API names
7. Introduction to Connections and Functions
As we know, a full upgrade such as this doesn’t happen without good reason. By upgrading to Zoho CRM API v2.0 you will have increased functions, support and analytics.
How do I upgrade to Zoho CRM API v2.0?
If you’re not a developer, the technical specifics around how to upgrade will possibly be a bit confusing. Zoho have plenty of information in this migration document, however we know it may be a little tech-heavy.
Remember, it’s essential to upgrade to the new version in order to keep your CRM running smoothly. Talk to us if you need a planned migration from V1 to V2.